Whether you spend long hours at your desk or have a chronic condition, our osteopaths at our back pain clinic in Ferntree Gully are here to help manage and treat your back pain so that you can go about your day without any discomfort.
What Is Back Pain?
Back pain commonly manifests as a form of pain in your upper or lower back, and it’s experienced by nearly 4 out of 5 people at some time in their lives.
Besides the physical discomfort, back pain can also be a source of frustration and irritation. In addition, the physical and mental effects of consistent back pain can be detrimental to your daily life, so it’s essential to seek appropriate back pain treatment when possible.
Common Back Pain Symptoms
- A sharp pinching or shooting sensation when you’re in a specific position
- A constant, dull ache in your lower or upper back
- Acute nerve pain that can radiate down the nearest limb
- Restricted movement due to being unable to bend or twist
- A feeling of weakness in the lower back
- A general feeling of discomfort in your upper body.
What Causes Back Pain?
If you do not have a chronic medical condition the common causes of back pain include:
- Poor posture, especially when sitting
- Bending and lifting heavy objects without proper spinal support
- Muscle strains or spasms in the lower or upper back
- Overexertion during sporting activities
- Periods of prolonged inactivity
- Poor sleeping position
If your back pain is caused by a fall or accident, or if you’re experiencing other symptoms besides your back pain, we recommend seeking medical attention immediately.
How Osteopathy Can Help With Back Pain
Osteopathy is a non-invasive treatment and prevention method that manipulates a person’s muscles and joints. Osteopathic treatments can range from gentle techniques to more direct tissue massage and manipulation, with the treatments being specifically tailored to a patient’s age, health, and back pain symptoms.
Whether your back pain is caused by a muscular injury/strain or a condition involving your spinal discs or joints, osteopathy can be highly beneficial as a form of back pain treatment and management.
The Healing Hands Approach
If you need a solution to your back pain in Ferntree Gully, Healing Hands Osteopathy can provide you with precisely what you need.
With a focus on bringing lasting healing to our patients, you can be confident you will receive effective relief and back pain treatment with a personal touch.
Our osteopaths use a proven and structural approach to back pain treatment – we first assess the symptoms and cause of your back pain to get the whole picture. Then, our osteopaths will use a combination of back pain treatment techniques, such as massages and spinal manipulation, tailored to each patient’s needs and preferences.
Apart from physical treatment and relief, your osteopath will advise you on proper posture, exercises, and other activities that can help prevent further back pain down the line.
If you need further information before visiting our back pain clinic in Ferntree Gully, give us a call, and we’ll be happy to advise if osteopathic treatment is right for you.
Interested In Back Pain Treatment In Ferntree Gully?
Book A Session With Us Today!
- Monday: 7:30am – 7:30pm
- Tuesday: 7:30am – 7:30pm
- Wednesday: 7:30am – 7:30pm
- Thursday: 7:30am – 7:30pm
- Friday: 7:30am – 5:30pm
- Saturday: 8:30am – 1:30pm
- Sunday: Closed
Initial Consultation $126
Extended Consultation (45 min) $126
Standard Consultat $96
We allow up to an hour for an initial consultation while our regular consultations last for 30 minutes. No referral is required.
- We offer Eftpos and HICAPS facilities, which allows you to claim your private healthcare rebate on the spot.
- If your GP has put you on an Enhanced Primary Care plan (EPC), you may be eligible to have some of your treatments covered by Medicare. If you are unsure, speak to your GP or call us today.
Interested In Getting Back Pain Treatment In Ferntree Gully?
Book A Session With Us Today!