Understanding Shoulder Pain
Shoulder pain is often categorised as a mild unease or tenderness in or around the shoulder joint, where the upper arm bone (humerus) connects to the shoulder blade (scapula). Such discomfort can arise from simple strains, minor overuse, or daily activities. While certain conditions like mild tendinitis, bursitis, or muscle strains might cause this, it’s often temporary and manageable.
Symptoms Of Shoulder Pain
While the severity and reasons for shoulder pain can vary, some of the more general symptoms include:
• A gentle ache around the shoulder area
• Slight stiffness or a bit of reduced movement
• Mild discomfort during certain activities or movements
• Occasional sensation of weakness
Managing Shoulder Pain
Addressing shoulder discomfort involves simple and non-invasive measures. Here are some commonly suggested approaches:
- Rest and Recalibration: Modifying your activities slightly or giving your shoulder a short break often does wonders.
- Mild Pain Relievers: These can be your go-to for that sporadic discomfort that needs a touch of relief.
- Warmth and Cool Compresses: Depending on what feels good, these can be incredibly soothing, offering a sense of relaxation to the area.
How Can Osteopathy Aid in Shoulder Pain Relief?
If you’re feeling a bit of shoulder discomfort, a visit to an osteopath might be what you need. Osteopathy gently addresses any minor misalignments or strains contributing to the pain.
At Healing Hands Osteopathy in Ferntree Gully, our osteopaths don’t just treat; they listen. We aim to understand your lifestyle, activities, and any specific occurrences contributing to your discomfort. We utilise various techniques that focus on facilitating a harmonious balance, promoting ease of movement while helping to alleviate your pain.
Why Choose the Osteopathic Route?
Osteopathy assists patients in managing shoulder pain and enhancing their health and well-being by utilising a comprehensive treatment strategy paired with targeted exercises and advice. The benefits include:
- Reducing pain levels
- Improving shoulder function and mobility
- Resolving recurring shoulder issues
- Reduce the need for surgical intervention or medication
- Better overall health and well-being.
Always seek advice from a registered osteopath to ascertain if osteopathy is suitable for your distinct condition.
Your Osteopathic Journey at Healing Hands Ferntree Gully
As an experienced shoulder pain clinic in Ferntree Gully, Healing Hands Osteopathy provides a gentle but structural approach to treatment with a strong emphasis on our patient’s needs and preferences.
When you arrive for your appointment, your osteopath will record your case history, followed by essential questions about your shoulder pain symptoms and potential causes.
Next, our osteopaths will conduct a thorough examination to determine the source of the pain. They will evaluate your shoulder’s range of motion, posture, and overall musculoskeletal system to determine the root cause of your pain.
Depending on our findings, we might suggest a blend of easy movements, a tweak here and there in your activities, or even a dash of fun exercises to keep things lively!
Get Shoulder Pain Treatment Near You
- Monday: 7:30am – 7:30pm
- Tuesday: 7:30am – 7:30pm
- Wednesday: 7:30am – 7:30pm
- Thursday: 7:30am – 7:30pm
- Friday: 7:30am – 5:30pm
- Saturday: 8:30am – 1:30pm
- Sunday: Closed
Initial Consultation $126
Extended Consultation $126
Standard Consultation $96
We allow up to an hour for an initial consultation while our regular consultations last for 30 minutes. No referral is required.
- We offer Eftpos and HICAPS facilities, which allows you to claim your private healthcare rebate on the spot.
- If your GP has put you on an Enhanced Primary Care plan (EPC), you may be eligible to have some of your treatments covered by Medicare. If you are unsure, speak to your GP or call us today.
Interested In Getting Back Shoulder Treatment In Croydon?
Book A Session With Us Today!